The Roseland Village Neighborhood Center is a public/private partnership between MidPen Housing Development Corporation, UrbanMix Development, and the Sonoma County Community Development Commission. The project aligns with community-led efforts to strengthen Roseland’s economic resiliency, expand housing choice, and improve community health. When completed, the project will:
• Deliver a public plaza that serves as Roseland’s community hub and sustains Roseland’s civic, cultural, artistic, and commercial life.
• Provide rental apartments affordable to diverse households, from market rate to affordable residences for lower-income households
• Provide a flexible building design which can accommodate various community uses, including a public library and other community serving programs.
• Create a Mercado Food Hub which provides space for local food enterprises and supports local business entrepreneurship.
• Provide pedestrian, bike, and bus linkages to neighborhood and regional employment, educational, service, and recreational amenities.
• Catalyze the revitalization of Sebastopol Road.
UrbanMix Development is leading the entitlements effort and will develop 100 market rate apartments on the site.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
- Public/Private Partnership
- Apartments/Mixed -Use Urban Redevelopment
- Transit Oriented – 10 min. bike ride to SMART Station
- 7.4 Acres
- 75 Affordable Rental Units (MidPen Housing)
- 100 Market Rate Rental Units (UrbanMix)
- 25,000 SF Civic Building (Library)
- 12,000 SF Mercado “Food Hall”
- 1 Acre Public Plaza
Market Rate Apartments Development Cost:
- Project Manager/Entitlements
Status: Entitlement Process Underway; Construction Start Estimated 2019